Friday, May 9, 2008

New friend, new wool

What more could a girl ask for?

Last weekend I got to meet one of my favourite bloggers, Ingrid. She was vacationing in these parts, and so we arranged to meet. I wanted to take her on an epic yarn crawl, but I didn't have the car that day, and the better lys's are in the burbs.

We met downtown for a lovely Japanese lunch, where we talked for hours. You know you're having a great conversation when the waitress has to come 4 times to take your order and you haven't even looked at the menu yet! We then went on an unsuccessful croissant hunt (Ah merde, all sold out!)

Our combined fiber radar eventually guided us to a quirky little yarn shop, Knitknackers, where we found some good stuff:

I continue my neutral-love with this random ball of Peru Naturals from a sale bin. I don't think I have enough to make anything with it (90m = wah???). I just love the combo of pale blue and soft browns.

bluebrownperu
It kinda looks handspun to me.

Ingrid and I pounced on the Noro Kureyon sock yarn (and I learned that "Kureyon" is pronounced "crayon"). We were so excited to see it in "real" life, it was a given that we would both walk away with some.

palekureyonsock
Colour # 150, soft greys, blues, greens, lilacs.

And no visit to Knitknackers is complete without a thorough molesting of the Malabrigo. I contained myself, while Ingrid bought some gorgeous orange worsted.

nicoleanding
Thanks Ingrid for such a wonderful day. You're a delight!
I can't wait to visit you in Nova Scotia!


0 comments: