Sunday, November 4, 2007

Old friends

tam&scarf
The parade of old knits continues...


manosscarf
The scarf was knit with Manos del Uruguay bought at Purl last January on one of our NYC trips. This yarn cannot make up its mind what colour it is. Often it's a muted orangy-brown, other times it's a rich pink. Maybe it's a sort of "mood" scarf. Obviously here it's trying to make up for my extreme pallor (no, don't worry, I'm not consumptive, that's just my natural hue) by adding a shot of pink next to my ghostly face. I didn't follow a specific pattern, just your regular basket weave design. I did twist all the stitches for more definition.



josharptam
The little tam is another no-pattern creation, knit many years ago. It was made with some Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran Tweed , a yarn I highly covet. I love the sparkly flecks of red & gold.


0 comments: