Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Classic Cobblestone

What superlatives could I use that have not already been employed a thousand times about this sweater? Jared has simply come up with a classic. Cobblestone was so wonderful and easy to knit, and delights the eye with its simple, clean lines.

foldedcobble

The sweater received rave reviews by DH. He may have even been heard saying "I may never take this thing off". It fits him like a glove. Sorry there aren't any modeled shots, but DH is a very shy guy. And so, so lovely. He deserves every single stitch.

The Pattern comes from the Fall 07 issue of Interweave Knits .
I knit it using 9 balls of Rowan Scottish Tweed Aran, Shade # 004.

sidecobble

I made absolutely no modifications. The pattern was very easy to follow. I had fun trying new techniques like Kitchener stitch (I used this YouTube tutorial, VERY helpful!) and short row shaping for the back of the neck. I loved the experience of knitting such a seamless garment. I'll definitely be looking at my Elizabeth Zimmerman books for more DH sweaters.

drapedcobble

It was a great, if not exactly portable, mindless knit. Thank you Brooklyntweed!!!

cobblestone


0 comments: