Thursday, November 1, 2007

I clearly didn't think this through



I'm easily sucked in. Amber from Berlin's Whimsy invited her readers to join her in participating in the National Blog Posting Month, or NaBloPoMo for short. The rules are simple: you have to post daily for the whole month of November.

At first I thought it would be fun. As you've no doubt noticed, I'm a bit sporadic (um, lazy) when it comes to posting. I figured this was the kick in the pants I needed to become a better blogger. A motivation, a growing experience, a fun challenge.

But here's the deal. This is a knitting blog. And well, we're entering the "top-secret" knitting season. I've got lots of Christmas knitting lined up, but I can't blog about any of it. And come to think of it, I've go so much knitting to do that I don't really have a whole whack of free time to take pictures and write about it. Uh, oh. Day one and I'm already thinking of throwing in the towel. Not a good start.

Then DH says "Just blog about all the things you knit before you had a blog. You've got tons of stuff they've never seen." Hey, I knew there was a good reason I married him. That just might work. So in the next month, you'll mostly see "oldies but goodies".

Except not tonight. My camera batteries are still dead, so no pictures till tomorrow. An auspicious beginning, no?


0 comments: