Thursday, May 12, 2011

Paradise

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've been back from my trip to Hawaii! I've been "out of time" ever since, getting over jet-lag, catching up at work, and soaking up all the tender leafy newness of spring here in Canada.

I'm just now going through my trip photos, and wanted to share with you a few colourful moments.

Hawaii is easily one of the most beautiful, amazing places I've ever been to. I could go on and on about Hawaii's intoxicating warm breezes, juicy fruit, eye-popping land and seascapes, gentle people... But I'd rather show you instead. During my very busy 8 days on Oahu, I:

took in the ocean view,
chinese hat oahu

supported the local farmer's market,
Farmer's market Honolulu

started each morning with a gigantic bowl of fruit,
morning fruit Hawaii

visited a truly magical botanical garden in Waimea Valley (more photos to come),
Trees Waimea Valley

marveled at the abundance of tropical flowers,
Flowers Hawaii 16

contemplated the Buddha at a Japanese temple,
Japanese temple buddha

rung a temple bell for good luck,
Temple bell

swam under the famous "Lost" waterfall,
Lost waterfall

watched with awe as the pros surfed,
North Shore surfing

crossed off one of my bucket list items by learning to surf myself, and successfully catching several big (to me) North Shore waves,
Surfing in Hawaii

indulged in some post-surfing replenishment,
Shave Ice

and hung out with some sweet, generous, loving peeps.
La famille Hawaii 2

Mahalo maman et papa pour un voyage inoubliable!


11 comments:








Aline

said...

WOW!!! That was some beautiful bell, huge board and scenery.
So nice to see your parents too!
..now, I'm just a little sad I never get to go anywhere.





Rebecca

said...

What FUN! My favorite was the 'LOST' waterfall...teehee





Terri(terdotty on rav)

said...

Wow, fantastic pictures and memories of your holiday - feel like I've just had a little dose of sunshine!





Celestial

said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. That surf board it twice as tall as you! It blows my mind that people can actually control one of those. And how amazing that you learned!





Stephanie

said...

How beautiful, your photos are so vivid I can almost smell the flowers and fruits!





Jen

said...

What a beautiful place. I want to go! It looks so refreshing (not just the fruits ;)and luscious!





Margie Oomen

said...

i have been waiting to see your trip photographs and oh my was it worth the wait.
you are my surfing idol now
xo





melissa

said...

wow- you surf as well!!
what a gorgeous family you have.
when i was little my parents won a trip to hawaii and when they got home i couldn't stop staring at their photos. :)





craftivore

said...

Hard to believe that such incredible plants are real. Sounds like a fabulous trip!





Linda

said...

Lovely pictures, it all looks wonderful!





Sonia / COZY MEMORIES

said...

why did I wait so long for stopping by ?!
ah, blah, May has come & gone in the wink of an eye !

You seem to have had such a wonderful, terrific time with your parents in Hawaï ! Such vibrant colors, such exhuberant shapes !! Eye candy ! And you surf too ?? Wow, I'm more & more impressed :D

oxox