Friday, May 20, 2011

Perfectly simple

DB basic cardi front
Fresh off the needles, a very simple, everyday cardigan. I thought that the basic pattern would perfectly highlight the beautiful yarn.

DB cardi 2
Pattern: Simple jacket with pockets, Debbie Bliss, Coastlines
Yarn: Swan Island Merino Worsted, in a colour they call grey, but I would call it sand, 5 skeins
Needles: 4.5 mm
Rav details: here

DB cardi 1
It's extremely comfortable, and goes with everything. And it has pockets.

DB cardi button
I found the perfect mother-of-pearl button in my magic antique button stash

DB cardi stitches

This fantastic wool has the sproinginess of a more rustic yarn, yet it is softsoftsoft. I should warn you that it pilled quite a bit after the first wear. I carefully shaved the offending pills off and that took care of it.

I have also finished the sample knit for Hannah Fetig, aka Knitbot, which I will try and show you tomorrow. I also want to show you the results of my natural dyeing workshop. But right now I need to make myself a cup of warm ginger and lemon tea. My throat is sore and I'm afraid the dreaded lurgy might be coming on...


Hope you are happy and healthy and planning good things for the weekend!


9 comments:








Brooke

said...

Beautiful! (I do wish I had more of this yarn in my stash! So nice!)





Lucie

said...

It looks perfect on you Nicole, the colour, the pockets and the very elegant styling. Hope you feel better soon. And do take in the tulips if you can, they are just stunning this year.





michele

said...

oh i hope you aren't coming down with something! take good care of yourself.

looking forward to seeing your natural dyeing.





kim

said...

It truly is perfect. Love the color, fit, and simplicity of this one. Hope you are feeling better and get to enjoy your weekend.





Margie Oomen

said...

you look wonderful in that sweater and the color is perfect for summer evenings or early morning strolls by the water.
I have my vats brewin, trying my hardest to keep them warm but not too warm.
I have just rinsed my latest set of 100 m dyeings and there were a few wonderful surprises.





Eliza

said...

i would also have a hard time calling that grey... the button is perfect, and tea sounds lovely. think i'll go put the kettle on.





Celestial

said...

This is so so lovely as well.

Ooh, I'm really curious about the natural dyeing





Linda

said...

Lovely cardigan, the yarn looks so soft.





vanessa

said...

simply lovely :)