Saturday, January 27, 2007

A shot of vitamin C to ward off the winter blues

Welcome to the last of my NYC knitting booty. Trust me, I could have bought much, much more!

Botanical Shades (60% mohair, 40% wool) by Tregellys Artisan Yarn in a very juicy orange (though they call it Terra Cotta). This yarn has excellent yardage (255 yards) so I only need 5 skeins to make the Hourglass Sweater from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts.




2 balls of Silk Garden by Noro in color # 84. A swirl of luscious pink, fuchsia, moss, rust and purple, Don't know what I'll make with this.




Selvedge Magazine, issue # 13. Man, if I was rich, I'd get a lifetime subscription to this incredibly creative fiber arts magazine. It's impossible to find where I live. Brooklyn General has lots of back issues. Drool now:












Rowan's Scottish Inspirations, by Sarah Dallas, Wendy Baker and Catherine Tough. I would knit every single project in this book if I could afford that much Scottish Tweed yarn. Rowan, why do you torture me so?



I need this cabled blanket coat!




Rowan Felted Collection. Lovely projects, lovely art direction. One caveat: the arty photos sometime make it hard to see what the projects really look like. Grrrr...




Lantern moon ebony needles. Lordy begordy, these needles are sweeeet.



That's it for the yarn-parade. Luckily, my stash closet is at full capacity, so there will be lots and lots of knitting, even though I'll be on a severely-restricted yarn diet for quite a while!


2 comments:








Megan

said...

That yarn will make a beautiful hourglass sweater! It looks similar in color to the one I made, which is truly my favorite piece of clothing now.

Such lovely noro . . . and that magazine - what a find! I'll have to track one down around here! Thanks for sharing your NYC tales, I just adore la Grosse Pomme.





the daily purl

said...

The Botanical Shades yarn is gorgeous!