Saturday, July 5, 2014

Bressay in progress




With only 18 days left before I leave for my Shetland trip, it's going to be a race for the finish on my Bressay dress. I've been extremely busy with EPIC samples (which I can't wait to show you) but now, it's all about trying to get my dress done so I can match this lovely lady (you must check out her FO blog post, the pictures are just magical!)





If I run out of time, this might end up being a tunic rather than a dress... We'll just have to wait and see. This weekend is all about miles of stockinette and Wimbledon nail-biting (sad about Genie, but go Fed!!!!)

What are you up to this weekend?


6 comments:








steph

said...

you are going to make it!!!! (I see the light at the end of that ball of yarn---and the next one--I'm sure there must be a next one!) Can't wait to hear--and see-- all about the trip. I was in Shetland in '07 with a knitting group---one of the BEST trips EVEr!!! I've sort of been thinking about casting on the Bressay and pretend-traveling with you all!





Lori ann

said...

ooh it's gorgeous! i love the idea of a tunic (could unravel mine so we'll still match ;) i hope the rest of the ss goes really quickly! i leave in 17 days too, can't believe it's already here!

i can't wait to give you a hug in person, till then, thank you for the kind words dear one.





melody

said...

Oh your version looks wondeful too!
I hope that you're going to document your beautiful trip with a lot of pictures.
I'm so excited for you!





Margie Oomen

said...

i just can't wait to see all you lovely women in your versions of this dress.





Annie Cholewa

said...

How's it going? Only days before you leave! I'm so excited for all you lucky Shetland bound knitters :)





Taci simmons

said...

Love your dress and lori's is gorgeous also.