Thursday, November 10, 2011

A quiet long weekend

And this our life exempt from public haunt,
Finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks,
Sermons in stones, and good in every thing.

William Shakespeare

This weekend I'm connecting with my inner hermit. I'm headed to l'Ermitage Warden, a place that rents tiny cabins for people who want to spend some quiet time in the woods. I'm looking forward to spending a few days just listening to the wind in the trees, cuddling up by the woodstove, and taking a nighttime walk in the woods.

rockycoastswatch_140
I will be bringing a little bit of knitting. I swatched for the gorgeous Rocky Coast cardigan I'm knitting for Hannah. Remember that you have till Monday to enter my giveaway to win Coastal Knits, in case you want to knit a Rocky Coast of your own.


10 comments:








michele

said...

wishing you a forest of fun and peacefulness this weekend!

i love the quote at the top - thank you for it.





Ness

said...

Are you using the Organik? Your swatch looks so luscious!





bienfaitpourtoi

said...

Je viens de me rendre sur le lien de l'ermitage (et du coup,j'en profite pour écrire en français...).C'est super !Cela me laisse vraiment rêveuse.Ca doit être une expérience vraiment riche.J'aimerais connaître un lieu dans le même esprit en France.
Je te souhaite une très douce,paisible et pleine retraite.
Bises de france





Karen

said...

Hope you have a wonderfully peaceful and creative weekend. Living in the overcrowded south of England I think those cabins would be bliss. Karen Xn





Margie Oomen

said...

i am sure you will hear many lovely whisperings
xo





CelticCastOn

said...

is that Quince or Fiber Company??
Enjoy your weekend, sounds perfect to me!





Jodi

said...

Oh, that sounds like just the ticket for a peaceful weekend. What a terrific idea!

That swatch is gorgeous. I join the chorus of those curious about the yarn...





Anonymous

said...

oh Nicole, this sounds like such a special place !
that's the kind of ressourcing weekend that most people need to focus back on what's important.
oxoxo





Unknown

said...

Your getaway sounds lovely! So peaceful.





kim

said...

Here's to quiet and productive weekends. Every time I see a quilt lately, it makes me want one. There is nothing that says cozy better than an old quilt.