Thursday, October 27, 2011

Going dotty again

Remember a while back I showed you mysterious little piles of fabric? Well, now I can tell you what I was up to.

dotty cuffs
I made a few dotty cuffs for some sweet far-away friends.

dotty cuff g closeup

dotty cuff s closeup
It was lovely thinking about them with every little wonky stitch.

dotty cuff m closeup

dotty cuff a closeup

dotty cuff backs
It was fun to plunge into my collection of fabric scraps, mostly lovely Liberty Tana Lawn.

dotty cuffs2

dotty cuff_Sonia

dotty cuff_margie

dotty cuff_Arounna

dotty cuff_Geninne
I really enjoy this kind of hand-stitching. So relaxing. Quite a bit like knitting, actually.

Wouldn't it be nice to embellish the hem of a skirt or coat with this type of appliqué? One day I might even try my hand at creating a more ambitious Alabama Chanin-style garment. But first I have a ton of knitting to catch up on. To my delighted surprise, the Bookhou knits have been selling well, and I need to send more to Arounna. I guess I'm not the only one who feels the need to bundle up. Brrr... it's getting cold around here!

Hope you stay warm, wherever you are.


15 comments:








Margie Oomen

said...

i am so looking forward to seeing you next weekend and if you like I could take some back with me to deliver to arounna. I am not surprised at all that they are selling well. They are gorgeous and yes it is getting cold in these parts.
xo





Unknown

said...

so so beautiful!





Jules

said...

Very beautiful! I love them all but especially the one with a base of stripes... and congratulations on the joy of your knits being loved by others! I am not surprised either- they are very lovely.





Annika

said...

These are gorgeous. They must have taken you so long to make!





Carlene

said...

I love them! How about a little pocket on a cardigan?





eliza

said...

they are lovely! what lucky friends, to receive such beautiful mementos!

looking back at the knits you made, i'm curious: would you make a pattern for the givre mittens? i think they are quite lovely...





Aline

said...

how adorable. I love the dark background fabric in your photo.

I have been itching to start needlepoint cushions and embroidery...I should be finished by the time the kids are grown up...





madder

said...

I love all those fabrics...so pretty.





Anonymous

said...

they are each so very special
and so gorgeous, in many ways

not very surprised your knits have been selling great !!
way to go, girl !
oxox





Annie

said...

These are gorgeous, especially the one with stripes!





michele

said...

these cuffs are so lovely! i think my favorite is the one second from the bottom. your handstitches look so sweet. and i agree - handsewing is so relaxing.





meg

said...

How adorable! It is like a fabric charm bracelet. How lucky your friends are!





Kathleen Maunder

said...

I love the combination of dotty (I know you didn't intend it that way) and wonky in your descriptions. Crazy and a bit off is good!!!!

They are beautiful and look like they take some patience to make.

Snowflakes in the air here today. :)





olga inoue

said...

these are very tender, nicole

and all your knitted
things, photos

thank you





Our photos

said...

So beautiful!
Greetings...