Saturday, September 17, 2011

Finally!

Ouf, I didn't mean to be away for so long, but for the last 2 weeks, I frustratingly couldn't access my Flickr account. I just changed computers at work, and it has caused all sorts of mahem. But fingers crossed, things are now back on track.

So what have I been up to? Well, on the labour day weekend I drove 15 hours for a completely unexpected, unplanned trip to visit family in the Maritimes. Much beach-combing, photo-taking, lobster-eating, and domino-playing ensued.


sunrise_001
the start of the 15 hour drive


sunset_003
the end of the 15 hour drive


dunebouctouche_025

cocoatthebeach_038
it felt soooo good to breathe in that salty-sweet air


baiebouctouche_037
la dune de Bouctouche, NB

seagrass_004


seaweed_032


crabtop_033


driftwood_006


crabby_027


dirty feather_019


driftwood_014


blue mussel_044


barnacleseaweed_026


seaweed + rust_010


birch bark_016
couldn't believe all the colours in a simple bit of birch bark

black feather_011


while clam_045


sea cone_009


seapillar_020


white feather_012


stripey_043
The needles have been clicking too, but I think I'll save that for another post...
Hope you all have a sweet Sunday.


12 comments:








juicyknits

said...

Love the pictures!





Unknown

said...

beautiful photos...





CelticCastOn

said...

Ohhh stripes Yum! Glad you were able to get home and enjoy the beach before it gets too cold.





Francine

said...

Your photos are spectacular , I feel like i was there beside you.





Lucie

said...

Oh Nicole your beach photos are wonderful. I am green with envy for I have driven the 12 hr trip to NB often but I always end up in potato country, and would much prefer the other side with lobster and beachs. Sigh.





margaux

said...

gorgeous photos.





Anonymous

said...

that birch bark is amazing ~ beautiful shot :)





Margie Oomen

said...

these photographs were certainly worth waiting for
i love each and every one of them
big hug





Geninne

said...

Thank goodness you're back! & with so much inspiring eye candy from the seashore! You were missed :-) Hugs xoxo





julie schmulie

said...

stunning photos nicole!





leFiligree

said...

love the textures of the sea for knitting--i see seed stitches and cables and fresh garter stitches.





Charles

said...

Your photos are always so stunning!