Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Magic mushrooms

My knitting basket is filling up. If you look closely, you'll see a little pile of things heading towards a very special destination. I can't wait to tell you more about it, but you will have to wait just a little bit longer.

knittingbasket_067


The other thing I have on the go is a mushroom-coloured Aidez cardigan.

aidezupclose_068
I'm knitting it in deeeeep stash yarn: Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Chunky. Perfectly flecky, perfectly fall. Speaking of fall knits, have you seen the new collection of patterns by Brooklyntweed? AMAZING!!!

I was a bit high after seeing this beautiful autumn post, and couldn't resist going on my own mushroom hunt.

mellowyellow_064

forestcoral_053

little red_046

whitemushrooms_051

I find mushrooms unbearably cute. Sadly, I didn't find any mushroom-garlanded pinecones like Margie did (I suspect she has a few wood nymph friends tipping her off on the best spots), but I did capture a few sweet fairy cups and such.

fairy cup_055

fairy cup_054

slanty_062

shroomy_060

mushroom petals_048

hat askew_061

forest coral_059

There are many magical sights to be seen in the forest. It's just a question of laying low and thinking small...

hazyweb_052

scroll trunk_049

yellow pod_047

teeeny_050


18 comments:








honeycat

said...

I love the cardi, the colour, and the cable design. Especially love the pic with the spiders web. So beautiful and so autumn.
Melanie x





joko

said...

those close-up photos are beautiful!





aline

said...

beeeeautiful! and for the record, i have thinking small down to a fine science by now, tee hee! A wee folk is soon getting a basket of love from Nicole!





Cornflower

said...

What beautiful pictures!





Jen

said...

Small treasures. Magical pictures. It's fun to go micro once in awhile. Were those taken in Gatineau Park?





Francine

said...

gorgeous post :)





CelticCastOn

said...

Ohhh thats the perfect colour for Aidez! beautiful!
I WISH I could have my knitting out in a big basket like that but little hands and dog hair would devour it!





lamina @ do a bit

said...

I just love the close up mushroom photos.. beautiful!





Margie Oomen

said...

your hunt was super successful. It has been a long while since I explored the forest for mushrooms in your neck of the woods.
Thanks you so much





Chrissie's Ribbons

said...

Your knitting bsket looks gorgeous! I love those colours... and your mushroom pphotos are simply stunning





Julie

said...

the cardigan looks gorgeous already, and those photos of the mushrooms are so magical!





arounna

said...

can't wait!
those mushrooms are gorgeous
xx





eliza

said...

your aidez looks gorgeous, so flecky and tweedy! i have yarn for one waiting in the wings, i should really get on that...

i also love the sweet pillow on your chair!





Geninne

said...

Your knitting is just gorgeous! and those mushrooms are really magical, specially those coral ones. Love! Very few shroomies here in the semi-desert. Thank you for the inspiration!





madder

said...

I'd love to knit Aidez, too. Yours is looking so lovely.
And, all those colors and textures you have found are incredible. Nature is so inspiring, isn't it?!





kim

said...

I so love the yarn you chose for this sweater. Wonderful color. Your photography is amazing lately. Hope you have a great weekend.





Jo

said...

What amazing mushrooms and beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing.





bellefleurdelis

said...

lovely mushroom pictures !