Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sweet mailbox, part 2

I think the mailman cheer-up plan has worked, I'm finally on the mend.

Back in October, I signed up for an autumn swap organized by the lovely Sofia. My package took a little while to get to me, but it was well worth the wait.


Can you guess the nationality of my swap partner? (the box is a hint)

Swap 1


This should give you more clues:

swap 3

Lise is from Switzerland (home of my beloved tennis boyfriend, who is hopefully on his way to winning #17 at the Australian Open). I highly recommend swap partners from Switzerland, as they send the BEST chocolate EVER. My Ricola box was filled to the brim with goodies that were obviously chosen with care:
something for my sweet tooth: incredible chocolate (sadly, all gone now)
something for my brain: books by authors I love, and luckily these are titles I had not yet read
something for my fingers: lovely bits of lace, sweet wood buttons, yarn in pretty, neutral colours
something to warm me up: amazing Earl Grey tea from Mariage Frères, which I have always wanted to try.

What a treat, thank you Lise!


7 comments:








Lise

said...

Merci beaucoup Nicole! C'était un plaisir pour moi de partager ce swap avec toi .... Seul problème, on va se battre pour le tennis boyfriend !!!! mdr ;-)

Bisous enneigés de Suisse !

Lise





Jodi

said...

Lucky you, Nicole! What a wonderful parcel of goodies. That tea looks like just the ticket for someone who's under the weather.





[c] @ penbrushneedle

said...

Yummy! You just made me drool all over my keyboard ;-)
Frigor by Callier is THE best chocolate ever made by man (or woman) - if it was up to me, it would be put on the Unesco's World Heritage List...





Lise

said...

lol ! Frigor is the ABSOLUTE Swiss chocolate ! It is THE ONE considered as THE BEST from Swiss natives. Also the ambassador of our speciality which is milk chocolate!

:-))





nicole

said...

YES!!! the Frigor was amazing, but the Femina won my heart with its crunchy praliné filling. I'm almost glad they don't sell this chocolate here, or else I wouldn't fit into any of my clothes...





The A.D.D. Knitter

said...

DO NOT share that Mariage Frères tea with anyone, it is AMAZING!!:)





craftivore

said...

Now THAT is an amazing package,just for the chocolate alone!