Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Peachy keen

Here's my first installment of the "souvenir yarn" I picked up on my holidays.

peachypinkcashmere
Jade Sapphire cashmere, in #37 "Dreamy Peach"

Purchased at Purl Soho. At first I bought it to make the Pashmina Cowl from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, but I felt that the fabric was a little too slouchy. I didn't want to end up with a puddle around my neck (albeit a lovely cashmere puddle) so what I'm doing now is knitting a rectangle in garter stitch (yes, I'm one of those garter-loving fools). The garter ribs give it more structure and body. I'll sew it up into a tube, and then affix some button loops ( Isolda has a great tutorial for this) and mother of purl buttons to "cinch" the tube snuggly around my neck. That's the plan anyway. I'm kinda winging it for now.

I couldn't resist picturing this yarn with the beautiful peaches we're getting this year. They're absolutely divine, juicy, tasty and fragrant. I'm mad for peaches.


0 comments: