Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Catching up

Its been a while, hasn't it? I wish I had a good excuse, but I don't. Just chalk it up to plain old hot-weather laziness.

My time away has not been a complete write-off, as I have done quite a bit of knitting in the last little while. So lets just get right to the goods, shall we?

Fresh off the needles:

swankfull

Pattern: Swank by Kim Hargreaves
Rowan Knitting Magazine, Number 29
Yarn: Summer Tweed in Ghost
Needles: 4.5mm

swankback

I'm very happy with the final product. A big, comfy "walking on the beach on a cool day" belted wrap. The yarn is not the most pleasant to work with (stiff cotton & slippery silk) but it washes up to a soft fabric with a beautiful hand.

I was trying my best to have that nonchalant cool "Rowan model" look in these pictures, but my husband saw right through me and did his best to make me laugh and lose my composure.


Here I am trying to keep it together...

swanktop


... getting the giggles...

swankgiggle


... doubled-over with laughter...

swankbentover


... and finally giving it all up to the goof gods.

swanklaugh


6 comments:








Terhi

said...

Lovely photos! And a very lovely cardi too! You look beautiful. :-)





Anonymous

said...

Your sweater came out beautiful, and your pictures made me laugh.





ingrid

said...

Nice to see you're back. Your sweater looks awesome! I'd like to knit one like that someday.





craftoholic

said...

I love those pictures, and your cardi turned out beautifully! I've been wondering about summer tweed for awhile, many people seem to not like it. There's a lovely cardi in one of Kim's latest collections I've been dreaming about. Glad to hear that the yarn turns into such a nice fabric after it's been washed.





The A.D.D. Knitter

said...

I think it's amazing how Summer Tweed feels so rough in the hank but knits up so nicely--your Swank is beautiful and I love the progression of photos, looks like you guys had fun!





femiknitter

said...

The sweater looks wonderful--super comfy! Your failed attempts to pose like a Rowan model are hilarious--I like your smiling and laughing shots much better than Rowan's "serious" faces!