Monday, March 17, 2014

Dreaming of warmer days























I'm now starting to wonder aloud what has happened to Spring. This morning was -22 C (-6 F), the coldest St. Patty's day on record! Longtime readers of this blog will know that I love winter, mostly because I'm a cross-country ski fanatic. But I've had to hang up my poles in favour of my running shoes — I'm training for a half-marathon in May. I have to say, the cold weather is making it really hard to hit the pavement each morning!

Oh well, at least my vast collection of handknits is seeing lots of action.
























In other news, I'm super busy with more sample knitting, which is good because I'm saving all my pennies for a very very special trip this summer.

I am so excited to join Gudrun and Mary Jane on this grand Shetland adventure! And on top of that, one of my very favourite bloggy friends, the sweet and talented Lori, will be there too. I can't wait!

I've already started planning my travel wardrobe. Daytime summer highs in Shetland are pretty cool, so I'll definitely be packing my woolies. I'd love to knit this dress, this shawl, these mitts, and this cardigan. Hmm... I better start swatching soon!


11 comments:








Andee

said...

I want to go on the trip too!!! I'm so jealous. Those all look like fantastic knitting choices.





Anna

said...

Oh i'm jealous!! :))) sure is an incredible experience!! enjoy and share with us please!!





Margie Oomen

said...

hard to believe how much snow we have here , it being the last half of march. I do hope we can meet up in Iceland. xx





Sonia / COZY MEMORIES

said...

And here it's the opposite ... warmest winter. I think it's hard to handle extremes like these. Winter should be cold, period. Spring should be mild & summer should be hot.
Big hugs





Gudrun Johnston

said...

Can't wait to show you Shetland!





Lori ann

said...

i do hope the warm comes soon, well done on training in such cold. i hope you don't mind we look alike in shetland! (although you will be the one much more fit ;) i have that shawl queued too and the dress is over half done! such beautiful knits! i can't wait to see the colors you choose!

whatever sample you are making now looks lovely, but it is your knitting that makes it stunning.





harmony and rosie

said...

You are sure to have the time of your life in Shetland, especially since you'll be wrapped up so stylishly and in good company. Looking forward to see what you are knitting up there, certainly looks promising.





Unknown

said...

Lovely photos!
That seems like such an awesome trip to be able to go on - every knitter's dream!





craftivore

said...

Ooh, how fun! I've always wanted to go to Shetland and I can't imagine to more perfect people to show you around. That is definitely worth saving up for. And yes, spring is loooong overdue.





karentempler

said...

Soooo jealous of the Shetland adventure.





Annie Cholewa

said...

How wonderful that you get to visit Shetland, and in such wonderful company! I am of course green with envy, but Shetland's not so far from me as you so my turn will come again. I'm sure you'll have the best time :)