Saturday, March 3, 2007

Not much to look at yet

I'm in the middle of a 2 week impromptu vacation (I had a bunch of overtime I needed to use up before the end of the fiscal year) and I'm in heaven. Tons of knitting, pots of tea, books on tape, cross-country skiing, walks in the woods. Balms for the soul.

Curiously, this break hasn't yielded interesting blogging fodder. Mainly because I've been s l o w l y trudging on the Icarus shawl from Interweave Knits Summer 2006, and despite clocking major knitting hours, it is not growing at a rate that is visible to the human eye. But I trust that in time and with the miracles of blocking, a shawl will materialize. One day.


As long as I don't go blind first. Knitting in BLACK LACEWEIGHT sure is tough on the peepers! I can barely see my stitches in the inky depths of black misti baby alpaca (I didn't choose this, I'm knitting it for a friend's wife). Thanks goodness for my Ott-lite!


2 comments:








Anonymous

said...

Ooooh but it will be beautiful when it's done! You're very generous to knit that for someone else. Not sure that I would be able to do that!

A two week vacation is definitely a nice way to rejuvenate, especially when it's impromptu. Where are you going skiing these days? You know, I haven't made it out at all this season. D'oh. Enjoy the time off!





Megan

said...

Vacations with nowhere to go really are wonderful, and yours sounds heavenly. I'm quite jealous. I love the shawl. Black is a great choice.

Enjoy your leisurely days. Cross-country skiing is high on my list, but I've only managed downhill so far, which was a blast. If it keeps snowing here, I'll probably fit it in though!